Template archive (zip file)
The folder where the mobile app is to be generated.
|Delete project folder first
Clear the project folder before generation.
- If the project folder ALREADY EXISTS and contains files from previous project or other project, you must delete the project folder first.
- It is not always possible to delete all files in the folder programmatically, some files might still be held by some background processes. You may need to use Windows's File Explorer to go to the folder and delete those files manually. If it fails, open Windows's Task Manager, look for Node.js, Java and adb.exe and end them manually first.
Platform of the mobile app. Supported platforms are: Android or iOS.
Important Note If you want to build your app for the other platform, after successfully building the app for one platform, do the follows:
- Change this setting to the other platform,
- Enable Delete project folder first (see below) if you generate files to the same project folder,
- Re-generate ALL files.
Run the app in browser by ionic serve (see below) after generation. Supports Android only.
- If enabled, the app will be run by ionic serve after generation, Command (see below) will be ignored.
- If you change this setting, make sure you re-generate all Other Files in the popup Generate form even there is no change in other settings. If you are not sure, always re-generate all files.
Specify the command to execute after generation. Possible values are:
(None) - Do nothing after generation. For example, you just want to re-generate some or all files or you want to open the generated project by your own tools (e.g. Visual Studio, Xcode) yourself.
Build - Build the app only. Supports Android only.
Run - Run the app in the mobile device connected to your computer. Supports Android only.
Release - Build the app as .apk file for release to Google Play (Android). Supports Android only.
- If you select Release command for Android but you did not enter your release settings before, the Release Settings form will popup during generation. Make sure you enter all settings, then press OK to continue. Before generation, you can also click Tools -> Release Settings to open the setup form and enter your settings.
- If Ionic serve (see below) is enabled, the app will be run by ionic serve after generation, the Build/Run/Release command will be ignored.
Notes for iOS
- The Build, Run, and Release commands support Android only. If you want to works with iOS, you should select nothing (None).
- To test the project on your Mac computer after generation (see Preparing Mac for iOS App Development first), open Terminal at the project folder and run:
npm install (to install npm packages according to your project settings)
npm rebuild node-sass --force (for node-sass, to re-build the binding for your current environment, optional, only required if you ran npm update in the same folder for Android before)
ionic serve (use Ionic CLI to test the app in browser)
If you get Error: spawn EACCES, you may have permission issues, you can try run the following command to change permissions and then try ionic serve again:
sudo chmod -R a+rwx .
- To build your project, open the generated app with Xcode on your Mac computer and follow Deploying to a Device -> iOS Devices.
After setting above, click the [Generate] button to generate scripts. DB AppMaker allows you select the files to generate, just select the files you want to generate in the [Output] column.
You can also right-click the column header of [Output] to quickly select all or unselect all items in the column.
After selection, click the [Generate] button to generate the app.
- If it is your first generation or you have changed some project level settings, you must select [Other files] to generate the non table-specific pages.
- If you modify settings for a table and want to re-generate files for that table only, you can click [Unselect All], then select the files you want to re-generate only.
- If you are not sure which files to re-generate, always click [Select All] and re-generate all files.
- You can press F9 to skip above form and generate all scripts.
- You can press Ctrl + F9 to skip above form and re-generate previously selected scripts.
After generating scripts, If you have selected a command (e.g. "Run"), the project will be built.
Note During the building process, many packages will be downloaded from the internet by the Ionic CLI, make sure your PC is connected to internet.
When building, the [Generate] button will be changed to the [Abort] button, if you need to abort generation in the middle of the process, click the [Abort] button.
Note It is not always possible to abort programmatically. If it fails, open Windows's Task Manager, look for Node.js, Java and adb.exe and end them manually.
If you enable Ionic serve, after building the project, the generated app will be opened by ionic serve like this:
Note: The above ionic-app-scripts warning can be ignored.
Then it will open browser with URL http://localhost:8100/ to run the app:
- You can use either command prompt or PowerShell to test your app, just change to the project directory and type ionic serve.
- If you make minor changes to the project, you can just re-generate the related files. Ionic serve will re-build the project automatically.
- If you want to make major changes, re-generate all scripts and test again, you'd better close the command prompt and open again after generation.