Download PayPal Shop Maker today and enjoy the free 30-day trial. PayPal Shop Maker is fully functional during the trial period except that only images of the first 20 products will be displayed normally and that the site header logo and site footer text settings are disabled.
If you have any problems downloading PayPal Shop Maker, please contact
us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Important Notes: (Please read carefully before installation.)
1. System Requirements
PayPal Shop Maker
- Windows XP/2003/Vista/2008/2012/7/8
PayPal Shop Maker requires the Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) and Microsoft Jet 4.0 database engine. You already have these components if your system is running Windows 2000 (or later) or have Access 2000 (or later) installed. However, it is recommended that you download the latest version:
PayPal Shop Maker also requires a few other system files. If you do not have latest version of these files, you may experience ActiveX errors while running PayPal Shop Maker. To update your system, go the Microsoft download pages listed below.
- Windows or Linux server (MS Access is supported on Windows server only)
- PHP 5 (Only required if MS Access/SQLite/MySQL is used)
- PHP PDO_SQLITE extension (Only required if SQLite is used)
- PHP MySQL extension (Only required if MySQL is used)
- PHP COM extension (Only required if Access is used)
- MySQL server 5 or later (Only required if MySQL is used)
IE 9+, Chrome/Firefox/Safari/Opera (current stable version and the version that preceded it).
Important: Before you install PayPal Shop Maker, you must log in Windows as an user with administrative privileges.
PayPal Shop Maker 6 can co-exist with previous version of PayPal Shop Maker. You do NOT need to uninstall previous version of PayPal Shop Maker if you don't want to.
Double-click on the downloaded executable to start the installation process. Follow the prompts and change the settings whenever necessary.
Note for Windows Vista/7 (or later) users:
In Windows Vista/7 (or later), User Account Control (UAC) is enabled by default, members of the administrators group do NOT have full administrator privileges.
When you install (by double-clicking the installer or right-clicking the installer and choose Run as administrator), an User Account Control prompt may be displayed and ask you if you allow the program to make changes to your computer, click Yes to let the installer run elevated.
If you still cannot install successfully, log in Windows as the built-in administrator account to install. The built-in administrator account is disabled by default, you may need to enable the built-in administrator account first:
- Login as administrator. Open a command prompt (under All Programs -> Accessories) in administrator mode by right-clicking and choosing Run as administrator,
- Type the command: net user administrator /active:yes. You should see: "The command completed successfully."
- Log out. You'll now see the Administrator account show up on the login screen.
Log in as the built-in administrator and install again. After successful installation, if you want to disable the built-in administrator account. Logout and re-login as your regular user account, and then open an administrator mode command prompt as above. Type the command: net user administrator /active:no. The administrator account will now be disabled, and should not show up on the login screen anymore.