|Add shell call
|| (For Unix-based server only) If you put the PHP parser binary somewhere
outside of the web tree of files, for example, in /usr/local/bin,
you will have to put a line similar to: #!/usr/local/bin/php as the
first line of any file containing PHP tags. (You will also need to
make the file executable.)
Set locale information. PHPMaker uses localeconv() which returns data based upon the current locale as set by setlocale().
Different systems have different naming schemes for locales.
If you do not know the correct locale string on your server or you want to override system locale and use your own locale settings, click the [...] button and enter your locale settings.
Refer to localeconv() for the definition of the settings.
If you use Multi-Language
(see below), DO NOT use this setting unless all languages share the same locale settings. Each language has its own locale settings and you should specify locale settings for each language in the respective language file. (See Customizing Template
|| Whether caching is required on browser
|Use mysqli extension
Use mysqli extension instead of MySQL functions.
- The mysqli extension is designed to work with PHP 5 and MySQL 4.1.3 or above,
- Both mysql and mysqli extension are NOT installed by PHP 5 by default. (See Introduction to PHP and MySQL)
|Default Date Format
The default date format for the scripts. Possible values are:
yyyy/mm/dd, mm/dd/yyyy, dd/mm/yyyy,
yyyy-mm-dd, mm-dd-yyyy, dd-mm-yyyy,
yyyy.mm.dd, mm.dd.yyyy, dd.mm.yyyy
with or without time (hh:mm:ss). The selected date format also determines the date separator ("/" or "-" or ".").
Enable multi-language project. If enabled, a combobox will appear on the top of the generated scripts for user to select language. See Tools for selecting languages for the multi-language project.
- Multi-Language project must use utf-8 encoding. The charset of the project must be "utf-8".
- The data in your database must be stored in unicode, otherwise your data will not be displayed properly.
- If you have customized the template and put unicode characters in the template directly instead of using language files, enable the Advanced Setting UTF-8 output files (see Customizing Template and Tools).
Default language of the project. It must be compatible with Charset (see HTML Settings). Default is English.
There is always one default language for a project. Only the English language file (english.xml) is shipped with PHPMaker. If your project is single language but you use another language, create a language file for your language (see Customizing Template), put it in the "languages" subfolder under the installation folder and then select your default language using this combobox.
If you enable Multi-Language, you must select one of the selected languages as the default language.
Upload folder - The global folder where the uploaded files resides. If you do not enter a specific folder for a file upload field in the Edit Tag panel of the Field Setup page, all the uploaded files will be put in this folder.
Important Always specify an upload folder if you allow file upload. This folder is used as the root folder of temporary folders for file upload fields during Add/Edit. It is also used as the root folder of the user files folder of CKEditor.
- Unlike the field specific upload folder setting (which is a PHP expression), this field specific setting must be a constant string (without double quotes). If you want dynamic upload folders for different fields, specify upload folder for each field (see Field Setup).
- Make sure that the Web server user have read/write access to the folder.
- The path is relative to application root. Use slashes "/" as path delimiter, no leading slash. e.g. If the application root of your website is C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\demo and you enter "uploads/" in this textbox, the folder for the uploaded files will be C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\demo\uploads. If you are not sure which folder is application root, please read Application Root.
Max File Size - Maximum file upload size in bytes. If <= 0, there is no checking on file size.
Allowed file types - The allowed file extensions of the uploaded files. Separate the file extensions (without ".") by comma without space, e.g. gif,png,png.
If blank, all file types are allowed.
Delete file on update/delete - Option to delete the uploaded file when the field value is replaced, removed or if the record is deleted.
If Delete file on update/delete
is enabled, the uploaded file will be deleted. If the deleted record is a copied record, deleting the uploaded files will affect the original record. To prevent such possible problem, enable Advanced Setting Create upload file on copy
(see Advanced Settings
) to duplicate the uploaded file when copying a record.
You can choose to log activities in a log file or in a database table.
Log file folder - The folder where the audit trail log file resides.
- Make sure that the Web server user have read/write access to the folder.
- The path is relative to application root. Use slashes "/" as path delimiter, no leading slash. e.g. If the application root of your website is C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\demo and you enter "uploads/" in this textbox, the folder for the log file will be C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\demo\uploads. If you are not sure which folder is application root, please read Application Root.
Use database table - Log the activities in the specified table instead of log file. The table must have the following fields: (actual data types depend on database type)
- DateTime (DateTime)
- Script (VarChar)
- User (VarChar)
- Action (VarChar)
- Table (VarChar)
- Field (VarChar)
- KeyValue (Long VarChar)
- OldValue (Long VarChar)
- NewValue (Long VarChar)
You can create the database yourselves and select the table in the combobox, then click the [...] button to select the fields in your table. Alternatively, if you have not created the table yet, you can click [Create Table] and let PHPMaker creates the table and setup the settings for you.
Track login/logout activities - If security feature is enabled, login/logout activities will also be logged.
Server-side - Enable server-side form validation.
If the available validation format in the Edit Tag panel (see Field Setup
) does not fulfil your requirements, you can use your own server-side and/or client-side validation code using Server Event and Client Scripts
List/View Page Options (Global)
The following list/view page options are global for all tables. If you want different settings for a particular table, you can use table-specific options available in the Table Setup page.
|Records per page
||Number of records to be displayed on the list page of all tables.
If blank or 0, default setting of 20 will be used.
|Selectable page sizes
Number of records to be selected by user. Comma separated values,
Note "ALL" (without
quotes) is supported, other values must be integers.
|Paging section style
||"NumericPages" or "NextPrev"
||None, Single column or Multiple
column. If Multiple column is selected,
the generated list page supports multi-column sorting by Ctrl-clicking
the table header.
Show multiple records per row. Default is 0. This feature will
only take effect if the value is > 0. Possible values: 1, 2, 3, 4, 6, 12
|Paging section at top
||Show the paging section at top (also applies to View page)
|Paging section at bottom
||Show the paging section at bottom (also applies to View page)
|Paging section in View page
||Show paging section in View page also
|Paging section in Edit page
||Show paging section in Edit page also
||Show checkboxes in the list page for selecting multiple records
||Delete records directly without showing delete confirm page
|Links on left side
||Show the links in record row on the left instead of right
|Use buttons as links
||Show the links in record row as a button group instead of individual icons or links.
|Use button dropdown for links
||Show the links in record row as a button with dropdown menu instead of individual icons or links.
|Use button dropdown in paging section
||Show the links in paging section as buttons with dropdown menu instead of individual links.
|Use modal dialog for Advanced Search
||Show the Advacned Search page in a modal dialog
Enable export in List page - allow export in List pages
Enable export in View page - allow export in View pages also
Use button dropdown - show the export links as a button with dropdown menu. Default is showing the export links as a row of icons.
Print/CSV/HTML/Excel/Word/XML/PDF/Email - Records can be exported to Print (printer-friendly), CSV, HTML, Excel, Word, XML, PDF format or sent as HTML email content.
The fields in printer friendly version are same as in List/View page, while the fields in other format are determined by the Export setting of the field in Field Setup
Note that the fields in printer friendly version are same as in List/View page, while the fields in other format are determined by the Export setting of the field in Field Setup page.
Export type - Determines which records to export. The follows are supported:
- All Pages - Records in all pages are exported
- Current Page - All records in current page are exported
- Selected Record - If selected, a checkbox will be displayed in each row for selection. Only selected records in the current page are exported. (Selecting records in different pages is not allowed.) To select records primary key is required, Current Page export type will be used for tables without primary key.
- Binary data (BLOB fields) cannot be exported.
- Export to HTML/CSV/XML/PDF are not applicable to reports.
- Images cannot be exported to Word/Excel/CSV/XML.
- Export-to-XML requires PHP DOM (part of PHP 5 core).
- Export-to-Word/Excel works by exporting data in HTML format for Word/Excel to convert/import, the exported file is not native .doc/.xls format. (Registered user can use the PHPExcel extension which output native Excel file format.)
- If Export-to-Email, the user can select sending the records as URL or HTML. If sending URL only, note that the recipient will need to click the URL and go to your site to view the records. All security settings will apply, the recipient may need to login. If the recipient is not an user of your website and your page is protected, you should send by HTML only.
Notes (Export to PDF)
- The extension is an experimental extension only. There are known issues, see Third-party Tools and read the note in the extension setup page (see Tools -> Extensions) for more information before use. Only enable it if necessary.
- The extension performs best if you are using non-unicode alphanumerical characters (e.g. iso-8859-1) only. If you use unicode, configure advanced settings for the extension, read the note in the extension setup page (see Tools -> Extensions) for more information.
- By default export is only enabled in View page. If you want to enable it in the List page also (the number of records to be exported is not large), you can set the advanced settings of the extension (see Tools -> Extensions).
- The extension supports images (jpg, gif and png only), but a temporary folder is required during export, the extension uses the Upload folder (see File Upload above) because write permission for the folder should be already setup properly. If you do not use file upload to folder, but you use export to PDF with images, then make sure you still specify an upload folder and set up the write permission.
PHPMaker supports many features that can send emails. If you use these features, you'll need to specify a SMTP server.
From v9, PHPMailer (see Third-party Tools
) is always used as the email component. Make sure you generate and upload the subfolder named "phpmailer<version>" to your website.
The host name or IP of the SMTP server.
Note Some servers do not support "localhost" as SMTP server, in such case you need to specify a valid SMTP server in the network.
|SMTP server port
||Port number of SMTP server. Default is 25.
|SMTP server username
User name for SMTP server authentication. If your SMTP server does not require authentication, leave it blank.
|SMTP server password
Password for SMTP server authentication. If your SMTP server does not require authentication, leave it blank.
|Sender (Email address)
Email address of the sender of all emails
|Recipient (Email address)
Email address of the recipient(s) for notification emails when a record is added/edited/deleted (if enabled, see Table Setup). If there are multiple recipients, separate them by comma.
Protocol used by the SMTP server. Possible values are: SSL or TLS.
Note Leave this setting empty if your SMTP server does not use such protocols.