What's New in PHPMaker 9
PHPMaker 9 is a major upgrade from 8.x. It is loaded with a bunch of new features, including many frequently requested ones. PHPMaker 9 is probably the most powerful and flexible product of its kind, and yet still easy-to-use as always.
New Table Setup Page
A new Table Setup page is added next to Field Setup page for quick access to current table settings.
Improved Dynamic Selection Lists
Now supports up to 4 pairs of parent field and filter field.
Improved Add Option Form
Improved Preview Row Extension (for registered users only)
Shows detail tables in TabView.
Allows showing fields with your own template.
Default Search Values
Lets you specify default search criteria when there is no user inputted criteria.
Scripts without Header and Footer
Lets you include PHPMaker generated scripts in your own PHP scripts more easily.
Test generated site without the need to to configure web server. (Requires IIS Express installed on the same machine as PHPMaker.)
Improved Advanced Security
- Allow View All option for User ID Security, allow users to view other users' records
- Separate permissions for List/View/Search in both Static and Dynamic User Level Security
- Allow selecting tables to show in User Level Permission Setup page
- Allows auto-filling a child field by different parent fields (previously one parent field only)
- Allows filling lookup fields
- Clears target fields if parent field selects a blank option
More Advanced Settings
- Disables submit buttons on form submission
- Auto-Suggest searches Display Field #2 to #4 also
- Allows login by URL
- Time limit for exporting all records
- Project name and project ID
- Include jQuery library (for user's own use)
- Faster script generation (by JScript engine)
- Multi-Language Lookup Table Display Fields
- Export to native Excel5/2007 (PHPExcel extension for registered users only)
- Different locale settings and time zone for Multi-Language
- Custom View Tag for overriding View Tag setting and display field value with custom code
- Supports date fields for Quick Search
- Supports SMTP servers using TLS/SSL
- Supports formatted decimal values in Add/Edit page
- Option to hide unused menu items in menu editor
- Option to open project file without AutoSync
- More helper functions for server events and client Scripts
- Allow specifying start page for project
- Detects project changes when closing project
- Extensions (tinyMCE and CKEditor) updated with latest versions
- Icons for messages
- Many other minor improvements
"Very impressive product"
"I want to compliment
you on a very substantial, impressive product. I downloaded it this
evening and it appears to me that your code generation is the best I
have seen in the PHP field."
"This is GREAT software"
"This software is exactly what I have been looking for! I have a 20 yr background in yanking data out of databases. I was having trouble finding anything for mysql databases that was reasonable in cost and would create php scripts in one fell swoop from a database."
"What was going to take me months ended up taking me days - am very happy :)"
"I just want to say what a wonderful program this is..."
"It is very mature and my initial testing has produced excellent results with minimal issues."
"I have only been using it for a few weeks now, but almost every day I find some new feature that adds to my admiration - thank you."
"I have found that over time your company has impressed me tremendously"
"PHPMaker has lived up to the same standard that PHPMaker set, plus it
produces the kind of DB web front-end code that almost every web hosting
provider in the world services, along with MySQL, at a very low price-point."
"You guys are the BEST!"
"I have to say you REALLY listen to your users and try to give them what they need!! I am impressed with PHPMaker from v2 and continue to buy this product with each new upgrade."